Thursday, May 12, 2011

Not Much To Say

Looking back on some of the things that I wrote at the beginning of the year, all that I can think of is how terrible most of it is. While reading it, I would at times say “Wow” or “Oh my god” completely involuntarily. A lot of the stuff has remained off my blog and as I read it I feel thankful that it has stayed that way. Not only do these terrible stories reflect on my poor writing skills at the time but, me as a person as well.

One of my regrets about this class is, I didn't write much that I wasn't already being forced to write. Other than that, it was a pretty good class that helped me evolve the way I write into something that actually has a voice and not a complete monotone.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. It reflects growth, I guess. I’m definitely not going to miss eighth grade, however. Actually, I might. High school is gonna be hard and I’m really glad that I did take the time to look over old stories. Makes me think that while you will never be the best, there’s always someone worse than you. Handle the problems that you already have. Trust me on this one, that really relates to this class.

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but feel a bit that I disappointed you this year. I hope you found your time useful, and in the search for your own voice, was able to see that there is value in your writing. Perhaps my greatest concern is that you are sure not to let that self-critical voice dictate what you share with people. You always have a unique perspective, and that is not to be taken for granted. I have enjoyed being your teacher, and while I know school in general, including my class, was frustrating a good deal of the time, I sincerely hope that things continue to improve for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete